WHAT'S THE TIME?

Monday 3 September 2012

Introducing Amethyst

With the song 'Miles' by Christina Perri playing in the background, I finally began working on this blog after an extreme case of writers' block, interviews to prepare for, Aerobics classes to attend (And whatever Meera says, I am NOT a fitness freak. Don't make trying to lose a couple of pounds look like some heinous crime) and of course, preparing for my Law Entrance exam.

Anyhow, with this begins a series of posts  which deal with everyday life topics from how much weight that I gained or lost in a day to the tsunamis that might or might not occur. Something tells me that we'll be seeing a lot of articles on 'Pots', 'Purple' and 'Flowers'. (Courtesy: Meera) -_-'
     
Considering how Meera talked about  pretty much everything that our future posts would consist of, I have no choice but to actually introduce myself. I might sound a little stand-offish and a tiny bit random,  but I'll try my hardest not to. Who am I? Dear lord, WHO AM I?! I'm just a measly seventeen year old girl with the ambition of making it big in my life. Okay, that's a lie. All I ask for is to be happy. Problem? 
Just like every other other intelligent life form with two eyes, two ears, a nose, a mouth and a functional brain, I have my angry moments, my cringe-worthy moments, my happy moments and my...not-so-happy moments.

I'm an extremely ambitious person who is time conscious, a loving sister and an obedient daughter. I'm a benign person with altruistic thoughts. I'm a social animal. And most of all, I love everyone equally. 
...
Scratch that! Can't you see LIE written all over it?! I'm none of those things. Actually, I don't see how ANYONE can be all those things at a time. I'm partially ambitious with absolutely no sense of time. I love pulling my sister's hair out for the sake of my amusement and I absolutely do NOT love everyone equally! Technically speaking, that's quite impossible. I mean you have so many loathsome people like the terrorists, the urinators( You know, the people who pee on the roads? This word is probably native to India), the honkers( the people who keep honking mindlessly on the roads as though it's their god-given right to torture our poor, unsuspecting ears with excessive and if I might add, needless honking) and not to forget our charming 'Netas'. You'll have to be an absolute dunce to not notice the heavy, underlying sarcasm.

Now, coming to altruistic thoughts...*goes to make herself a sandwich* What! I was hungry! 
Mm, that was good. Back to the topic...I wouldn't call myself a genuinely altruistic person at all. I might be altruistic in thought, but in action? Not so much. Other than giving a couple of bucks to random beggars occasionally, there isn't much to my levels of generosity.
       
Looking back on what I've written, it make absolutely no sense to me. I can almost imagine my English teacher trying to jump off a cliff( Or even Tank Bund as she so famously used to say). There was neither a proper introduction nor the so called body. And if my predictions are correct, there won't be a proper ending either.
 ...
Yeah, that WAS the end! See what I meant about the proper ending part?  
The (in)famous Tank Bund

2 comments: